100 NOT-OUT!

The North Cave Cricket Club was formed in the late 19th century.  The original ground and pavilion were at Fairfield, off Station Road, North Cave.

The Club later moved to Hotham Hall at the invitation of Col J. B. Stacey-Clitherow who became president of the club (see picture from 1924).  After his death in 1931 the ground was moved to another part of the park away from the Hall.

Later cricket was played at Newport Road and following the purchase and development of the new playing fields the club moved to Church Street in 1972 together with the football club.   A new pavilion and club were built in the 1980’s and cricket and all of the facilities at the playing fields continue to grow.